Hello Bling! The Style and Jewels from the 2014 Grammy Awards

Welcome back to my awards season coverage! Today I am covering music's biggest night, The Grammy Awards. As per usual the red carpet was as star-studded as you would image, and as rock and roll as you would, too. Although the big film stars chose to sit out the awards this year leaving the spotlight to their musical counterparts, the 2014 Grammy's were full of fun styles and interesting jewels.




With the trend of no necklaces still in full swing, the Grammy's showed us this past weekend that girls just want to have fun, with diamonds that is. Here are some of the fashionistas who decided to forgo jewelry on their decolletage, although basically I did not see one neckace, on anyone...



Alicia Keyes

Taylor Swift

I started hating this "missing necklaces" trend at the Golden Globes, but after the SAG Awards I think I am understanding this concept. I'm not behind it 100% but I do like that it leaves room for bolder pieces to be worn, which leads me to one of the nights biggest and best jewelry trends,  the return of the big earring. The ladies who did it best were Miranda Lambert, who was stunning in a plunging red dress...




and the awesome and overlooked Pink...





as well as funny lady Ana Farris...




Another important jewelry trend last Sunday was sexy "bejewelred hands". The nights two biggest trendsetters being Beyonce and Rita Ora, who were dripping in Lorraine Schwartz sparklers.


Beyonce

Rita Ora


Other celebrities jumping on the statement ring bandwagon are Katy Perry, and Kelly Osborne  with their interesting and bold choices in jewelry seen below.


Kelly Osborne

Katy Perry




As far as red carpet gowns go, we saw a lot of blue again, just like at the SAG Awards, and tons of metallic dresses. Here are the best of the girls in blue. Notice not one of them is wearing a necklace...





and in metallic, (with no necklances again)....





My best dressed person overall was Queen Bey, who stroked the perfect balance of classy, sexy, rock, diva, gangsta, trendy, etc. Just perfect. Her dress was on trend with see through allover, and her jewelry was just right. She felt amazing and it shows! I mean just look at her...Perfection!




Hope you enjoyed my dissection of all the Grammy jewels. I really do enjoy watching these red carpets and trying to see what's next, what's new.  As someone who lives and works in the world of fashion, I do believe it is important to keep current, plus its loads of fun.

Love Always

Dani K

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION