Fashion and Fun

Another busy week comes to an end for me here in beautiful Miami, but even though there was much work and preparation for the coming weeks, I was able to sneak in some play too.  One of the coolest things I did this week, was celebrate two of my dear friends' birthdays at an event in the famed shopping mecca, Bal Harbour.


On April 10th, my friends Alex and Elga had a dual celebration.  Yes, we were there to celebrate their birthday, but the added bonus was that all the guests (me included) got a sneak peak at "La Conquistadora,"the newest collection by the extraordinary Russian fashion designer Rubin Singer. 


Me on the left, with hostess Elga Ledwon to the right.
With Rubin and hostess Alex Hamdan

Of course Rubin was there, and he was as fabulous and fun as he looks in the pictures.  His Latin-inspired designs are fantastic, and the luncheon was divine. I am usually very busy during the week, but this little Tuesday escapade was well worth it because I caught up with so many good friends, and was able to squeeze in a little shopping to boot.




I love fashion, and meeting a designer like Rubin is very inspiring.  A fashion darling for years, Rubin is famous for dressing celes such as Beyonce, Lucy Liu, Heidi Klum, Alicia Keyes, Leah Michelle and Glenn Close. His dresses are ultra feminine, always with a touch of dramatic flair. 


Beyonce in Rubin SInger at X-Factor London
Glenn Close at Emmy's red carpet in Rubin Singer
It really was a great afternoon of fashion, fun and friends. I loved meeting Rubin because, like me, he has followed his family's business (he is a third generation couturier) and made it his own.  The more we talked the more we realized we have in common, and when it was all said and done, we were just like old friends.  

Hope you had as much fun reading this, as I had putting it together for you. Tune in next week for more fun and fashion. Have a lovely weekend!

Love Always
Dani K



Share this:

,

CONVERSATION