Piece of the Week: The Soleil Ring

Happy Monday my gems, on this very special week here in Miami.  I case you don't live here in the U.S., this week we are celebrating Thanksgiving, which makes these next couple of days very, very busy.  I love this time of year because it is the official kick off to the holiday season, as well as being full of family, food and fun.  I also love it because it feels like autumn and that change is very inspiring in my life and in my work.  One of the pieces inspired by this time of year is my Soleil statement ring below. 


Soleil ring:
Handmade in fire opal, white diamonds,
pink sapphires and 18kt rose gold. 


Soleil is sun in French, a language and culture that I adore, and the ring is very representative of the luminosity and power of the sun.   Many cultures around the world have myths regarding the sun and its importance in our lives.  One that I am especially keen on is the sun as god creator, and of course the idea of the sun being the center of it all. This ring was created with the thought that if the woman wearing walks into a room, she will immediatly be the center of attention. So far I am convinced that this is true. The ring is so unique that it makes a big statement everywhere I wear it.




Made of a single piece of hand-carved fire opal, my Soleil ring is as fabulous as it is wearable. Surrounded by a band of diamonds and a band of sparkly pink sapphires, my darling Soleil  has a beautiful coloration that is sure to please any fashionable woman and go with a myriad of fabulous outfits. As you can see in the pictures above and below, it goes well with prints like leopard, jeans or even a gauzy white dress. I love it with navy, hot pink and fall hues like olive green, mustard yellow and muted brows. This ring is very versatile, although I dont recomend wearing it with more orange, or you might end up looking like an umpa lumpa.




As far as the Soleil's main gemstone, the fire opal is a very rare and mysterious gem.  Commonly used to celebrate the 14th year of marriage, the fire opal is, along with another one of my favorites the pink tourmaline, one of the birthstones for the month of October. 

The translucent and marvelous opal in general has had a long history and there are many myths surrounding this gemstone. Among the ancients it was a symbol of fidelity and assurance. Later in history, it became associated with prayer.  It is believed to cure diseases of the eye and make the wearer immune to any kind of illness. 



Opals used to have a bad reputation, but it was because untrained jewelers did not know how to treat this gem.  The opals I use, as well as all of my gemstones come from the best sources in the world, and all of my jewelry comes with a certification that ensures that it is what it is supposed to be.  Don't let myths stop you from beautiful opal jewelry. This gem is too pretty to pass up.

Love Always
Dani K

Share this:

CONVERSATION