Holidays 2013

Christmas is just around the corner, so all my friends and clients have been asking me what would make a great gift. This week I have chosen pearls, because of their organic nature. I also happen to think that white is a great color for Christmas.  Expertly crafted in 18kt rose gold, rose cut diamonds and a single baroque pearl, my Perla ring is today's perfect present. 



Named after one of my very best friends, the Perla ring is a unique piece that any woman could wear over and over and over again. I love the Perla ring so much, I almost kept it to myself when I saw the final piece. When I designed the ring I was looking to get that same feeling of a solitaire but without using a faceted gemstone. I actually almost went for a single cabochon cut gem, but saw this phenomenal baroque pearl, and it sealed the deal for me.  




Cradled by two cuts of superior quality diamonds, rose cut and micropavee, the silvery pearl really stands out. This time, even though it's very trendy and I have used it in a lot of my latest pieces, it was the actual grey tones of the pearl that made me choose the rose gold.  The pink delicately complements the light grey very much, making the ring a gorgeous and feminine statement. 




Pearls are some of my favorite jewels, and I think that every woman should have at least one string of pearls or piece of pearl jewelry in their arsenal.  Sometimes, when I'm thinking of a specific look, only pearls will do. People often think that pearls are dowdy or old fashioned but they are mistaken.  Pearls are iconic and classic and look great on women of every skin tone or hair color.

But pearls are not only beautiful and wearable.  They are also considered to offer the power of love, protection, and luck.  Pearls are thought to give wisdom through experience, to quicken the laws of karma, and to cement engagements and love relations.  In other words, pearls make a great gift for anniversaries, engagements, or for anyone you want to show affection and love to. 


Early Chinese myths told of pearls falling from the sky when dragons fought.  For the Greeks they were the tears of the gods. Today, they are associated with great virtue and everlasting love.  Whichever the reason, pearls are a perfect present, and the Perla ring is a great choice for this Christmas. 

Love Always
Dani K

Share this:

CONVERSATION