September Issues

I have going through all of the fashion world's 2012 September issues and loving everything that is coming up for Fall. The images are both inspirational and informative. Here are three of my favorite covers...


I'm going to start with the mother of all magazines, Anna Wintour's iconic Vogue. In 2007, the magazine had reached a record breaking 840 pages total, and it looks like this year this record will be broken. Much of the success in advertising revenue for this mag comes from Wintour's choice for cover girl, the fabulous Lady Gaga.  Here is the most anticipated cover of the year...


While this is not the first Vogue cover for Gaga, it is a new look for her stylistically. Miss Wintour really knows what she is doing.  Inside, the spread on Gaga is equally stunning and the pictures and story are magnificent.  Here are some of the shots by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.


Another one of my favorites is the cover of Glamour magazine featuring the one and only Victoria Beckham.  I love this picture because it is a departure from her serious fashion persona.  Posh is shown in a very playful pose in her bathtub of all places wearing nothing more than bubbles and a tiara. Erasing everything you ever though of her, whatever it was, is a great PR move.  It's a very unexpected cover, and I think it's brilliant and quite cheeky on the part of Glamour.  


The photographs inside are also tongue in cheek. They show the woman known as Posh doing a number of domestic things and even having a fatty milkshake. Oh the irony!



My next choice is the beautiful Sofia Vergara on the cover of Allure, shot by Carter Smith.  She is always very made up and blinged out on the red carpet, so this natural look is very refreshing.  Sofia's dress on the cover is by Tucker and her jewels by Me & Ro, who I love for fun, casual jewelry. 


Don't you think Sofia looks lovely here? She reminds me so much of Raquel Welch. Allure has a way of always giving stars a make-under for their covers instead of showing them in over the top looks.  I like this. But what I like even more are the alluring photos of Sophia inside the mag. Check it out...


What do you think of these fantastic covers and pictorials? Have you bought your September issues yet? Let me know in the comments.  I love hearing back from you.

Love Always
Dani K

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION