One the Runway With Angel Sanchez

After the media and people in general found about my show with Angel Sanchez in Puerto Rico, I have been asked many questions about my experience.  They want to know about the jewels and the collaboration and how we created the looks that made it to the runway. 


I have said before and I have said it again, my work this past week in San Juan with the prestigious Angel Sanchez was a dream.  Not only is he unbelievably talented and successful, he is also very a very charming man and a dedicated professional. Here he is doing a one last inspection before the show.




I love collaborating with other artists, specially those who do fashion, because accessorizing a look is just as important as the clothes themselves.  Since we began this project, Angel and I were very clear on one thing:  the jewels should not overpower the clothes.  They would instead complement them and bring out the beautiful architectural details Angel is widely known for.

For this very special ocassion I'm wearring
earrings of my own design in emeralds, diamonds
in 18kt white gold.
I selected the jewels here in Miami and worked with Angel's people in New York thanks to all the new means of communication available.  When I had finished my 25 looks I sent them off to the Big Apple and they were instantly approved.  When I got to the show Angel and I were both wowed.  The pieces I selected were in synch with all his glamorous gowns.  Each look was complete and precise.  Of course there was one snafu. At the last minute, there were additional gowns for me to style.  Luckily it wasn't my first time being featured in a fashion show, so I know how quickly things can change.  When I work, I try to be prepared for everything and of course I had extra pieces to complement the new additions.  Here are some of the looks from that magical afternoon in San Juan.

Sexy and sophisticated:
Tiger's eye drop style earrings surrounded
by pink sapphires, in 18kt gold 
A cocktail ring to remember:
also in Tiger's eye, pink sapphire and handmade
in 18kt rose gold.


A perfect choice for evening:
sparkly chandelier earrings dripping in diamonds,
and handmade in 18k white gold.
Fabulous white and black pearl earrings, surrounded
by swirls of shiny diamonds, in 18kt white gold.
The beautiful coordinating cuff is handcrafted in diamonds,
white pearls and 18kt white gold.


Exotic and alluring:
The onyx and pink sapphire geometric earrings
are the perfect complement to any look
.
A classic, reinterpreted:
one of each white and black pearl earrings,
in black gold and pink sapphires.
Below is the matching bi-color ring.



Classic and cool:
Fabulous solitaire diamond hoops,
handmade in 18kt gold.

Classic and contemporary:
beautiful
fleur earrings in pink gold,
black onyx and diamonds.



Another timeless classic:
Beautiful rose coral fleur earrings handmade
in 18kt gold with diamond details.







Needless to say the show was a "runway" success.  The pieces and the gowns worked even better together than expected and Angel and I were both satisfied with our first collaboration together.  But the real winners  are the children, those who have benefited from our time and talent and who have, thanks to Semillas de Esperanza, been able to fulfill their dreams too. 

Love Always
Dani K






Share this:

CONVERSATION