Backstage With Angel Sanchez

Last week I had the honor and pleasure to be a part of an amazing event. Seeds of Hope of Puerto Rico and my friend Mariangel Gonzalez invited evening wear designer Angel Sanchez and me to showcase our designs at a fashion show benefit. Angel and I were there to lend a hand  for a great cause: an after school program for underprivileged kids in San Juan.


The host Mariangel Gonzalez from Seeds of Hope
and me before the show.
Getting ready to work, backstage
with Angel Sanchez before the show.
Another backstage shot:
This time with the wonderful kids
 benefiting from Seeds of Hope
I was so excited when I first found out about the fashion show, but then the hard work began. Angel and his team worked with me and my team to create the perfect look for each dress for his Fall 2012 collection. When we met in Puerto Rico for the fitting everything was perfectly selected.


The jewelry before the show
And the dresses...

Last minute details:
Angel checking out his beautiful
creations before the show.
I had been backstage at many prestigious fashion shows, but to be working side by side with Angel Sanchez was a dream come true. A consummate professional, Angel was also a gentleman and an amazing human being. The care he took before the show to inspect each dress and piece of jewelry was beyond professional.  You can tell that fashion is his drive, and that is why this year he is celebrating 25 years as a successful designer in New York. 










After going over last minute details like the order of the models, and who was wearing what, it was time for the models to get ready. Now in walking order, each model was outfitted in Angel's intricate designs and my fabulous jewelry. 






After each model had their complete evening look on, Angel and I checked each one to make sure they were perfect for the runway.  Here are some of the looks.







This experience at the Ritz in San Juan was quite surreal for me.   Working with Angel Sanchez was one of the top moments in my career as a jewelry designer and an artist. As you can see, it all went by so fast, and this is only the backstage happenings. Tune back soon for the exciting conclusion! 


Love Always
Dani K

Share this:

CONVERSATION