Icon: Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel, at her desk, working on her jewelry.
In fashion the clothes and the jewelry are just as important.  What is a fabulous outfit with fabulous accessories?  No one understood that better than one of my most admired fashion icons the late Coco Chanel.  Today I wanted to honor her, and share with you some of the looks and philosophies that have influenced my designs the most.



As you can see above, Coco Chanel was a true innovator. She was never afraid to mix gemstones, diamonds, and pearls. Coco Chanel also loved chunky jewelry and loved to mix all sorts of pieces that would not otherwise be worn together.  I took these cues from Coco herself for these pieces:
Very chic, very elegant, very Coco.
Chanel loved flowers and so do I.
This fabulous ring is beautifully made in 18kt gold,
 and diamonds.

Beautiful black pearls on a delicate
bed of white gold and diamonds
make for a very chic and wearable
cuff style bracelet. 


Her very Parisian use of black and white is always very chic, and also one of my design inspirations.  You can't think black and white without thinking Chanel. 

Delicate white agate flowers are
offset by bold black diamonds.
These earrings are fabulous!
Black and white and gorgeous all over.
Gorgeous hoops and serpentine ring in black and
white diamonds.  The serpent is hugging a shiny
baroque pearl.  All handmade in black gold
.
But Coco was not only known for her incredible design sensibilities.  She was also a great conversationalist and an incredibly witty person.  She was very aware of her role in fashion and as never afraid to poke fun at it or even herself.


In my designs, I tend to be a bit of a risk taker.  I also tend to mix and match styles and materials in way that is only possible because of talented and fearless women like Coco Chanel. Coco used to say: "fashion never changes, only style remains."  I believe this to be true and apply that each one of my creations.  I hope one day I will be as cool of a chick as this amazing icon. 

Love Always
Dani K

Share this:

CONVERSATION