Jazmin Rings: New For Summer

Nature and its elements has always been a design inspiration for me. Since the beginning of my career, I have included pieces with either flora or fauna in my collections, and this year's summer offerings are no different.




Although in the past I have had similar flower rings, it is their beautiful floral design and unexpected materials that have made these become instant classics.



Named after one of my favorite flowers, the fabulous Jazmin rings and matching earrings are a one of my most popular pieces. They have already been a hit in turquoise and diamonds, and onyx and diamonds, but for this this year, I re-invented them in the hottest new gems.  



From the top: Jazmin ring in tiger eye and pink sapphires set in rose gold, next is the version in lapis lazuli, white diamonds and 18kt rose gold. On the bottom we have Jazmin rings in white agate, black diamonds and white gold, folowed in black onyx, pink sapphires and 18kt rose gold, and lastly Jazmin earrings in malachite, white diamonds and 18kt yellow gold.

I love working with onyx because it is a very special gemstone, so this is the first ring I will show you. Onyx was used traditionally in jewelry design for carving cameo brooches. Onyx is also a very romantic gem with a lovely myth attached to it. The myth of the origin of onyx says the goddess Venus was sitting on the banks of the Indus river. While she slept, Cupid gave her a manicure. As her heavenly nails fell to the water, they became onyx, which also means "claw" in Greek.




Onyx is also used for protection, when used to face adversaries in battles and conflicts of all kinds. It is also a defense against negativity. In India, it is recommended for harmony in romantic relationships.

The next version of the Jazmin earrings comes to us in malachite, yellow gold and diamonds. I chose malachite because of the deep hunter green color, which reminds me of the colder seasons of fall and winter. The most beautiful specimens of malachite have these bands of different hues of green, like in my ring below.




Like the onyx above, malachite also has special powers, and it is known to promote peace, love and success in business. It is also used for protection and to help detect impending danger. My favorite myth is that it is the guardian gemstone of travelers, and helps provide protection and security on long journeys.

In the ancient world, lapis lazuli was considered as valuable as gold, and has always been a sacred gem. The Egyptians used it to carve scarabs and other religious amulets. It was also used in the robes of Hebrew patriarchs, as well as being the material in which the Ten Commandments were inscribed in. Since it has always been considered a divine gem, why not make it into divine rings?


My next Jazmin ring comes to us in white agate and black diamonds.  As you know I always have something to say about the properties of all the gems I work with. Today is no different. As far as magical properties go, agate is the must have protection stone. It protects from stress, from bad dreams and is said to even protect children from danger. It enables the wearer to distinguish between false friends and true ones. It brings prosperity and creates an appreciation of nature.


Last but not least is the tiger eye version of the Jazming ring, which is accented by pink sapphires and set in rose gold. When designing my collections I take very seriously the magical powers and healing qualities of gems, before I choose what materials I am going to use. Many legends about quartz say that wearing tiger's eye (which is a form of quartz) is beneficial for health and spiritual well being. Legend also says it is a psychic protector, great for business, and an aid to achieving clarity. Tiger's Eye lets you see everything. Use it for insight and you can be a very lucky person. When used in jewelry, tiger's eye may bring good luck and protection from the evil eye to the wearer.  Not that you need an excuse. This ring is amazing.


But history and myth and gemology are not the only things I think about when I am designing my rings. Like I said in earlier posts, when I am designing I think of every woman. The rings above represent very different styles of the same statement ring. The black onyx one on the top is all about the bling, while the tiger's eye one at the end, is like a small piece of wearable art. Two very different feels, one
fantastic look!

Love Always

Dani K

Share this:

CONVERSATION