The Best of The 2013 Golden Globes

I love the glamour and glitz of Hollywood, and nowhere is it represented more than on the red carpets of major events.  Say what you will about these types of events, love them or hate them, you have to admit that they have definitely grown in popularity and importance over the last decades.



Nowadays, most people are more excited about what and who the stars are wearing than who is taking home an award.  After all, these red carpet looks set the trends for fashion, make-up and accessories for the coming year. Having been and also worked on a few red carpets myself, I know first hand that lot of work goes into a look in order to make it memorable. Here are my expert picks of the best in jewelry at the Globes:


Best Earrings:

Emily Blunt in Lorraine Schwartz


Sometimes bigger is not better, and these conservative size (for an awards show) ruby earrings were definetly stunning.  If you look closely you can see that they are made to look like a crown! As some of you may know, I have made a name for myself designing tiaras and crown, so this is a motif that I love very much.  These earrings looked amazing not only on their own, but in contras with her gorgeous gold lace gown, making for an impeccable look.  


 Salma Hayek in Martin Katz



 I love working with Paraiba Turmaline, which also happens to be the world's rarest gem, so I was so excited to see it on this wonderful earrings.  The Paraiba is from Brazil and has a natural neon glow that makes it super coveted. These earrings are very special because this is a very fragmented stone, and it is very hard to find one beautifully cut stone, let alone two to make a pair of matching earrings.  Here is my first piece in Paraiba, a statement ring that would have matched Salma's earrings perfectly...





Best Necklace:

Jessica Alba in Harry Winston



Jessica Alba always looks amazing.  I don't know much about her body of work, but her fashion choices are always on point. Her elegant diamond necklace by the famed jewelers of Harry Winston was very Old Hollywood and very fabulous indeed. Even though her peach Oscar de La Renta Gown was killer, the show stopper was the necklace, valued at 5.8 million dollars.  The piece featured drop cut diamonds and was set in platinum. 

Best in Pearls:

Zooey Deschanel in Kwiat


Keeping it simple and true to her aesthetic was Zooey Deschanel is pristine white pearl diamond-accented accessories. The brunette beauty was ravishing in her red Oscar de la Renta ball gown finished with a single strand of oversized pearls, that was perfect for her sweetheart neckline. The bracelet and earrings were the icing on the cake. Loved her look, and I think it is one of the easiest to re-create. 


Best Bracelet:

Rachel Wiez in Bulgari


Stunning in a modern black dress by Luis Vuitton, Rachel wore a sparkly Serpenti bracelet by one of my icons, Bulgari, to match her other arm candy, Mr. James Bond himself, Daniel Craig. 


I love the serpent motif both for how cool it look, and for the myth surrounding it in jewelry design.  I always include a serpent piece in my collections and they are quite popular for those looking for a daring piece. Here are some of my sexy serpents... 







Best Ring:


Kerry Washington in Chopard



If this red carpet is any indication, statement rings are not big for 2013, however, the beautiful Kerry Washington was the brave one for going against the grain and wearing this fabulous creation by the house of Chopard. Impeccable in her sheer Miu Miu dress (one of my faves) Washington chose jewelry that would not compete with her dress intricate bead work.  The results were chic, elegant and perfect for the relaxed ceremony. 





Best Trend: Statement Earrings

This year's red carpet was elegant and chic and flawless, maybe to a fault.  I did not catch anyone making waves or taking risks, so the only trend to be set this year with jewelry is the oversized statement earring.  Here are some of my favorites. 


Debra Messing

Taylor Swift
Julie Bowen
Megan Fox

I will be back with more Golden Globe coverage, later this week. 

Love Always
Dani K

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION