Miami: A Quiet Retreat

If you've been keeping up with the blog, you know I've been waxing nostalgic about the change of the seasons.  The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting longer, so it cannot be denied: fall is in the air.  Even in Miami its presence is evident.  Yes, I can still hang out at the beach and go out without a sweater, but there is not doubt that the dogs days of summer are over. I was at Miami's Standard Hotel a few weeks ago enjoying a day of pampering and relaxation, and what I really enjoyed was the beautiful garden and the crisp afternoon weather.



I love going to The Standard because it is a very quiet and relaxed hotel, away from the hustle and bustle of the beach.  The setting is quite beautiful and oh so very inspiring.



When Miami gets to be too much, and I need a low profile afternoon, I come here to hide away and think about gems and read and gather my thoughts.



My favorite thing to do is, sketchbook in hand of course, sit on the swings in the courtyard and draw infinite jewels, sometimes possible, other times impossible, and let time just fly.  I don't usually do very much when I'm trying to relax, but like I have said before, my mind never strays from jewelry.  I live and breathe it, so even in this "oasis" my mind is always thinking and designing. Something as simple as a piece of foil from a champagne bottle or a lightbulb or a flower can set my mind off on a tangent, and that my friends is when I start creating.


Anyways hope you enjoyed this post.  I have to get out of la la land and back to work.  But what I will do is leave you with one of my favorite transition pieces for fall.  The great thing about the weather changing is that you can also update yourself in conjunction with nature and everything around you.  This necklace is a great piece to add to any collection because it's versatile, feminine, playful and elegant at the same time.

Fabulous and fun transition piece:
Tiger eye, diamonds and onyx come together beautifully
in my Papillon necklace.
Lovingly handmade in 18kt gold as always.

Love Always
Dani K

Share this:

CONVERSATION