On the Go: Midtown Meal

In an earlier post I was singing the praises of one of Miami's top neighborhoods, the Design District, but how could I be fair to this fabulous city without highlighting another one of my faves, Midtown? 


Just south of the Design District, and north of Downtown, Midtown gets its name from the crazy popular "Shops at Midtown," and is very reminiscent of New York's SOHO neighborhood.  A super busy and vibrant neighborhood, Midtown  hosts Art Miami during Art Basel Week.  As far as the rest of the year goes,  its shops and restaurants are always flourishing.


A bit trendier than the Design District, Midtown is a great place to meet old friends and make new ones.  I love people watching at Sugarcane.  The drinks here are excellent too, especially at the outdoor bar, which is tended by the nicest, friendliest bartender on the planet. I promised not to reveal his name, so go see for yourself.




Beautiful people and cold drinks are not the only thing being served up at this restaurant. One of Frommer's ten best new urban restaurants, Sugarcane works with local and sustainable ingredients. Specializing in raw and grilled foods, the chefs prepare most of the food on sight.  As you can see in the photo below, you can see and smell what's cooking, at all times.  The menu is also very marked by Latin influences, making it delicious and surprisingly healthy.


Another great alternative for a great lunch is Gigi.  A great spot, that is open all day, Gigi offer cutting edge communal type dining.  I love it!


Wherever I go though, I'm always wearing a great piece (or pieces) of jewelry.  It's a statement every woman should make, a way to leave a mark or a lasting impression.  A hot summer day deserves a cool piece like the rings below. Any of these three modern rings complements numerous outfits.  I designed these to be youthful and classic at the same time.  I wear mine all the time.

From left to right:
Sexy 18 kt rose gold, onyx and diamond ring,
Stylin' 18kt rose gold, tigers' eye and diamond ring, and
Chic 18kt rose gold, agathe and diamond ring.




I hope this post was a fun to read as it was for me to write.  Thanks to all of those who are reading; I am so appreciative of you. But don't forget to follow me publicly and leave comments as well.  It does make a difference since I get more ideas on what you would like to see in my feature posts.  Here is one last picture I took while driving around Midtown. Super inspired by the colors.  Hope you will be too!






XOXO
Dani K

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION