Happy New Year!

Hello friends! First, I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, Happy New Year!  May all your wishes come true and may you be truly blessed this coming year.



As a new year begins, I cant help but look back, and think about all the good things that happened last year, and to wonder what 2012 has in store for me.  Last year, as you my dear readers know, was a pivotal year in my career.  It was the year I was chosen to be part of the very prestigious book "Jewelry International III" by the famed Caroline Childers.  



This is a top honor for any jewelry designer because not only was I the first Latina to be in the book, but I was also one of the youngest participants.  



Because Caroline Childers is such an expert and her taste in jewelry is so revered, this book is a very important publication in the world of jewelry design. I was so honored to be in this book representing my country, but to be next to such prestigious houses such as Bulgari and Cartier, was really the thrill of a lifetime.  This is also a great book because it explores the glamour and excitement of haute jewelry. 












Last year was also the year that I had my first solo show, "The Art Behind the Jewels," at Gary Nader Fine Art Gallery in November.  Here I showed all my tiara designs from years past, the jewelry that was published in the book, and it was also where presented my new collection to the public. 




Here I am with the evening's host the one and only
Gary Nader.
Gary Nader and the author of "Jewelry International III"
Caroline Childers

With one of the stars of the evening
(one of her rings was in the show)
Dayana Marriotti, her husband Aldo Mariotti, and
of course the fabulous Carline Childers
Wearing her ring straight from the book
Jewelry International III,
 is Selene Arvesu with the author Caroline Childers.


The show was a success and a great way to top off a year so full of so many career highs.  I am very proud to have been included in this book, and to have had the opportunity to present my work in such a prestigious gallery such as Gary Nader, but more than anything I am so happy to be able to further elevate Ecuador internationally in the world of haute jewelry design.I hope that this coming year is a continuation of all that hard work and success


Happy New Year to all, and much success and good vibes for you in 2012.  Don't forget...






Love Always


Dani K  


Share this:

CONVERSATION