Inspiration: Colors of Wynwood

The Wynwood Arts District in Miami is one of my favorite places to walk around.  The street art scene is very prevalent here, and the ever changing colors of the district are amazing to discover. I come here for inspiration and ideas all the time. Especially at this time of the year when it's beautiful weather for long walks.




I was in Wynwood a few days after all the craziness of art Basel finally died down, and was able to take a close look at all the street art from 2011.  I love art that depicts different types of beauty and the versatility of women, and this year there were some very good contenders.  Here are pictures of some of my favorites.






Take a look at this funky mural by a very talented artist.  This "blinged out" creation really caught my eye. It just goes to show you that, even on the street scene, jewelry and gemstones are an important inspiration for artists. And vice versa. I was definitively inspired by his/her take on gems.




And I was definitively moved the use of bright and shiny gold paint in this mural below.  What a perfect complement to the bright, sunny, South Florida colors...Simply stunning. 




These wonderful scenes just beg us to ask the proverbial question: is it art imitating life or life imitating art?  I think its a bit of both. What do you think?


Love Always 
Dani K

Share this:

CONVERSATION